Sunday, May 2, 2010

Why the Dodd Financial Services Bill Is Bad... For Democrats


To Frank Luntz, the wordsmith of all things Republican:
I guess after what we've been through regarding healthcare reform I kind of resent the Huffington Post for giving you a forum to express your made-up views.
There's so much wrong with your post that I don't know where to begin. The fact that you use the term "Obamacare" is insulting to me. You and your cohorts tried, and succeeded in demonizing and lying about healthcare reform from day one to today. Kind of like George Bush saying Saddam was responsible for 9/11, if Bush said it enough, people believed it.
To address just one point, yes I think the people are smart enough to choose the bank which offers the best terms in checking accounts. Following you silly logic we should never be able to put any costs on any corporation because they will pass on those costs. Of course they will! And we will choose whom to do biz with. I guess putting money into the FDIC as banks are required to do is a tax on consumers also? Get off yourself.
So you have no credibility in telling the truth, or your truth, about the financial reform bill. As I said, even before the debate began Republicans were spreading your lies day after day.
I understand your're in the word business but I don't understand why you have to be so dishonest and nasty about it, while still maintaining that veneer of niceness and "I'm just doing my job guys." - I don't think so.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment