Friday, October 2, 2009

Bill Frist on Health Bill: I’d Vote For It

UPDATE:  Frist walks back his words.
Frist Walks Back Support Of Dem Health Care Reform TPM LiveWire: "On MSNBC this morning, Frist -- who's a doctor with a new book out -- said the 'Obama bill' is 'not quite there' and doesn't do enough to 'reorient our system around value, around outcomes, around performance.'"

While Frist didn't come out and explicitly say he no longer supports the Baucus bill -- which he'd originally said he'd vote for were he still in the Senate -- MSNBC seemed to read that message in Frist's comments. At one point during this morning's interview, the chyron read, "Fmr. GOP Majority Leader Frist Now Says He Won't Support Bill."

Were he still in the Senate, "I would end up voting for it," he said. "As leader, I would take heat for it. ... That's what leadership is all about."
Bill Frist on Health Bill: I’d Vote For It - Swampland - TIME.com: "Bill Frist on Health Bill: I'd Vote For It"
I don't believe him, I think he's lying. Curious reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment