Thursday, September 24, 2009

The start of the trouble with banks?

Just a follow up quote to my story about banks and my grandfather.  I don't mean to imply that I believe in it word for word but I do believe it has relevance today and some truth.  When you see who wrote it you can't blame me for being any more a revolutionary than he was.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies...If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency...The banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of their property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered" - Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826.

I presume Jefferson was moved to say this because of the Bank of England's attempt to control the financial systems of the new world and thus Jeffersons warning of what would happen if banks here became too powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment